There’s a very delicate balance between wearing jewelry and letting jewelry wear you. Many brides feel hesitant about sporting accessories on the day of their wedding, because they want all eyes on their gown and no where else. What so many ladies forget is that accessories don’t have to clutter your appearance. Sometimes clothes need an accessory in order to become an outfit.
Depending on the neckline and intricacy of your wedding dress, a necklace can be the perfect accessory choice. Like any fashion decision, however, the visual outcome depends entirely on the execution. Well don’t you worry your pretty little head, darling. We’re here to give you tips on how to rock a bridal necklace!
Though pearls will always remain a classic fashion staple, modern necklace choices range from delicate, single strand pieces to one-of-a-kind baubles. Don’t be afraid to take a risk by wearing a statement piece if the simplicity of your ensemble allows for it. Likewise, allow your fashion palette to to be filtered.
Five tips on how to rock a bridal necklace
1. Consciously decide whether your necklace is going to be an accent or a focal piece.
2. Let your necklace fall organically against the neckline of your gown.
3. Coordinate color palettes- this includes your gown, shoes and all other accessories.
4. Compare textures- bold, mismatched materials run the risk of being visually overwhelming.
5. Select your necklace carefully. The chosen piece should be descriptive of your own personal style, yet timeless for the sake of photos.
Not a fan of necklaces? Check out our other blog about eclectic cuff bracelet designs here.
*Click photographs for original sources
By: Kelly Hamilton