Boston-area wedding venues have so much to offer couples. From Boston’s unique history as one of America’s oldest cities, to the classic New England architecture, Beantown provides the perfect backdrop of not only exclusive spaces where you could host your big day, but also a plethora of activities for your guests to partake in while visiting. Saphire Event Group is fortunate to have not one, but three inspiring Boston wedding venues conveniently located on the South Shore, just a short drive from all that Boston has to offer. Read on to learn more about these locations and why they may be the perfect place for your wedding!
3 Best Boston Wedding Venues
Located in Sharon, MA, Saphire Estate sets the standard for weddings on Boston’s South Shore. This New England estate has everything you need in one place— an indoor ballroom featuring a classic and clean color palette, rich hardwood floors, a gorgeous fireplace, a brand-new completely separate cocktail space, a spacious courtyard perfect for an outdoor ceremony or cocktail hour no matter the season, beautifully landscaped grounds offering a wide variety of photo opportunities, and stunning views of Lake Massapoag.
All of this is yours alone to enjoy on your big day as Saphire Estate is a one-event-at-a-time venue.
The Villa is located on the sprawling Ridder Farm Golf Course property and offers three distinctive spaces. So no matter what your wedding style is, The Villa has the setting for you.
First, there’s the Madera Ballroom, which exudes a rustic elegance with its shiplap ceiling and dark wood exposed beams.
Next is the Grand Ballroom, a glamorous and contemporary space featuring a gold accented ceiling and sparkling chandeliers.
Finally, there’s the Tent, a sophisticated outdoor locale situated on the property’s lush grounds that boasts a dramatically draped ceiling with chic chandeliers as well as a cozy firepit. The Tent is perfect for couples that want the elegance of a real ballroom combined with a relaxed al fresco setting for their big day.
All three locations also have options for both indoor and outdoor ceremonies, so no matter the season, you can tie the knot and host your reception all in one convenient spot.
Avenir is a large, grand wedding venue with an expansive ballroom that can accommodate up to 390 people for a sit-down dinner. This modern property has been recently renovated and includes crystal chandeliers, white Chiavari chairs, a mother-of-pearl dance floor, as well as a newly-updated cocktail terrace and indoor ceremony space.
The venue overlooks a stunning wooded area with an enchanting outdoor ceremony space.
Unique Wedding Venues
What makes each of these a unique Boston wedding venue? Here are the details you need, at a glance:
- Hosts one event at a time, so your wedding is our singular focus
- Charming manor-style house and sprawling grounds makes you feel like you’ve stepped back in time at a classic New England estate
- Newly-constructed separate cocktail space featuring modern fixtures and amenities while complimenting the property’s timeless style (and keeps your guest from seeing the main ballroom before the reception starts!)
- Private beach overlooking Lake Massapoag, perfect for sunset pics
- Photo ops galore! The grounds feature a wooded walkway, white bridge, fountain, and courtyard; all beautifully landscaped with new flowers to coordinate with the season
- The ballroom’s crisp and clean color palette provides the perfect backdrop for any decor scheme
- A long-standing reputation as one of the best venues on the South Shore, Saphire Estate has been in business since 1977 – that’s over 40 years of weddings!
- Mediterranean-style exterior makes it totally unique compared to many other venues on the South Shore
- With three distinct spaces to hold your event (Grand Ballroom, Madera Ballroom, and the Tent), The Villa truly has a setting for every couple’s style!
- Grand Ballroom is the ideal space for a couple looking for a classic wedding with a little twist of glitz and glam (it’s all about those statement-making chandeliers!)
- Madera Ballroom is perfect for a couple hoping for something a little more rustic (without the qualities – or smell – of an actual barn) with white shiplap and wooden beams
- The Tent is for the couple that wants a relaxed outdoor celebration without having to do the work of putting up the structure yourselves! Even though it is outside, this luxurious space still has a real floor (no sinking into the ground in heels!), actual restrooms, a bar, as well as an air-conditioned bridal suite when you need a break
- Since The Villa is situated on the rolling hills of Ridder Farm Golf Course, there is no absence of beautiful outdoor locations to take pictures. The most unique photo op is the old bridge located on the property, accessible only by golf cart
- One event at a time venue, so your wedding is our singular focus
- Did someone say space?! This venue is perfect for a large wedding, and can comfortably accommodate almost 400 guests for dinner and dancing
- Avenir is the perfect venue for a couple who is looking for that glam factor, with a chic black and white color palette, accented by lots of crystal details and gold light fixtures
- Completely renovated, including the cocktail terrace, indoor & outdoor ceremony space, restrooms, and a new dance floor
- The outdoor ceremony space is surrounded by a lush wooded area that is all protected land, which makes your I dos as private as can be (and serves as a beautiful backdrop, especially during those autumn months when nature in New England is at its peak!)
Boston Outdoor Wedding Venues
Although New England weather can sometimes be fickle, we make every accommodation possible for our couples to be able to host their wedding ceremonies outside if the season permits. All three Saphire Event Group venues have breathtaking outdoor ceremony options that are expertly maintained by our top-notch landscaping and grounds team. These outdoor ceremony locations all feature a variety of beautiful seasonal plants as well as the privacy of trees and hedges that make you feel like you’re tying the knot in your very own secret garden. It’s the perfect place to say “I do” before getting the party started at in one of our ballrooms and dancing the night away!
Check out this garden wedding venue inspo from the Saphire Event Group properties (click photos to see a larger view!):
Winter Wedding Venues for Boston Weddings
Another reason to consider a Boston-area venue is to take advantage of New England’s four completely separate (but all beautiful in their own way) seasons!
While winter dates aren’t ordinarily at the top of most couple’s wish lists when it comes to planning their weddings, you may want to reconsider when you see the beauty of this magical season at our venues. Not only is it a unique time of year to tie the knot with only 5% of all weddings happening during the winter months, but we offer lots of incentives for this time of year that could help you save big.
Find out more about how a winter wedding in Massachusetts could be perfect for you!
Why Choose a Wedding Location outside of Downtown Boston
While weddings in Boston have their own “wow” factor, there’s much to consider when it comes to hosting an event in the city. First, there’s the expense. Most venues in the heart of The Hub are going to cost you a pretty penny, and many of them do not include many extras or have package deals. One of the perks of choosing a venue outside of Boston is that you can get a similar experience for your guests without the hefty price tag.
Another thing to think about is space and ease of travel for your guests. Many venues within the city of Boston offer no options for parking, and with it consistently topping the list as the country’s worst location for traffic, it could be very frustrating for your out-of-town guests trying to get around. Saphire Event Group’s three venues are all situated on properties with ample space, including large parking lots (complete with attendants on the day of your event) that can easily accommodate all of your attendees.
Just thirty minutes outside of Boston, enjoy the ease and savings of hosting your event with us!
No matter which of our Boston-area wedding venues you choose, Saphire Event Group can help you plan the wedding of your dreams. For more information on how we can make your big day a reality, inquire with us today!
Want to see more? Check out photos and compare our venues.
Featured Image: Mei Lin Barral Photography