The tradition of the bridesmaid’s dress has come a very long way since first it was introduced. Where it was once generally accepted that all bridal party members would wear the same color and dress, more and more brides are choosing to be more creative in selecting their bridesmaid dresses. Whether you choose to stick with tradition and have your bridesmaids all match or you allow them to wear different shades or styles, you want to make sure that they complement and do not clash with your wedding decor. With so many stunning choices, we have narrowed down the styles that are trending for this spring wedding season.
Spring Bridesmaids Dresses
In order to determine what will work best for you and your bridesmaids, you need to consider your spring wedding colors, your wedding venue, your spring wedding theme and the styles of both you and your bridesmaids. Keeping those in mind, consider the following top 2017 spring wedding trends in bridesmaid dresses.
- Floral patterned dresses. Where once it was assumed that bridesmaid dresses should be in solid shades with subtle accents, it has now become popular to use bold fabrics with floral patterns, especially for spring weddings. These patterned dresses come in a variety of color shades and styles, and while short knee or tea-length dresses will work well for daytime spring weddings, floor-length dresses are more appropriate for evening spring weddings.
- Illusion fabric dresses. The spring season, with its characteristic warmer temperatures, is an appropriate time to show a little skin, which can be very tastefully done at a wedding. Illusion fabrics, like tulle and netting, can be used on bodices that reveal some décolletage or to add extra length to shorter dresses in order to add class without taking away from their lighter, more spring-appropriate feel.
- Rose gold sequin dresses. Metallic colors have been used more and more in weddings over the past few years, in everything from reception decor to wedding cakes and anything in between. Rose gold is a newer addition to the metallic color palette for weddings, and is a beautiful, soft hue that works beautifully in spring weddings. Bridesmaid dresses that are adorned with a pattern of rose gold sequins can be especially appropriate for evening spring weddings.
- Separates. This year has seen the introduction of a brand new trend in bridesmaid dresses: separates. A variety of bodice and skirt options allow for completely unique dress creations that can include matching solid colors, a solid top and a floral bottom, a knee-length or ball gown skirt, and many more. Separates can be appropriate for the most casual and the most formal weddings, and some tops can even be tied in a variety of ways, allowing bridesmaids to customize the look to their own personal style.
- Jumpsuits. While jumpsuits may not work well for more formal affairs, they can work beautifully for relaxed, casual spring weddings. Jumpsuits come in a wide variety of fabrics, colors and patterns, and some can even be worn in different ways to allow for some subtle style variations.
- Sleeves. There are many sleeve variations that can add style and class to a bridesmaid dress, including short capped sleeves and flutter sleeves that are fitted or loose, embellished or plain. If you do choose a bridesmaid dress with sleeves, be sure to check that the sleeves will not restrict arm movement.
While not nearly as important as the bride’s dress, bridesmaid dresses are certainly an important spring wedding detail. Choosing the perfect combination can be a fun part of your wedding planning process; especially when you take into account current spring wedding trends.