The Top 5 DIY Wedding Ideas of 2011
More times than not, we are have our eyes glued to the computer screen in search of new visions. Call it an addiction, call it an obsession, call it whatever you please. In a time when the wedding world seems as though it may burst if it expands anymore, it can be difficult to find ideas and images that are truly inspiring. We pride ourselves on presenting you with the best finds we have to offer, both passed down and original.
You’ve probably noticed by now, but just in case you haven’t, we have to tell you…DIY is IN. Why? Well, the benefits of DIY can be summed up in one word- customization. All too often, DIY Avenue is equated with frugalness. While crafting something yourself can help save money, this is not a guarantee. Customization, however, is entirely promised. That’s why DIY wedding ideas have found such a special place in our heart!
This week we’re offering up what we consider to be the best DIY wedding ideas of 2011
1. Pie in a Jar Treats: How freakin’ cute are these? Your guests might have to contemplate whether or not they are too adorable to eat…
DIY thanks to Green Wedding Shoes
2. Illuminated Photo Lanterns: Beautifully hung lanterns can transform any setting, but what’s more beautiful than light reflected memories? Let the ones you love search for their favorite moments on these lanterns at the reception.
DIY thanks to WellWed
3. Vintage Teacup Candles: Take those teacups out of your cupboard; they’re too pretty to hide! Turn your favorites into candles that double as favors and table decor.
DIY thanks to Hey Gorgeous
4. Delicately Designed Matchbooks: Give your guests the gift of customized fire. Not only will the little matchboxes look darling, they’ll also come in handy!
DIY thanks to Style Me Pretty
5. Pinwheels and Ribbon Wands: Throwing rice, releasing doves, blowing bubbles- it’s all so overdone. Hand out these pinwheels and ribbon wands for your guests to wave while you walk down the aisle after the ceremony.
DIY thanks to Once Wed
Which DIY wedding ideas are your favorites? Share with us!
By: Kelly Hamilton