The Top 10 DIY Wedding Ideas of 2012
This week we’re offering up what we consider to be the best DIY wedding ideas of 2012. Our favorite thing about all these projects? ANYONE can make them with a little time and patience. Ready to see creativity at its finest? Let’s go!
1. Pie Pan Cake Stand via Green Wedding Shoes
Who said knicknacks were useless? Handpick a bobble and pie pan and voilà! You’ve created a unique cake stand for your weddng cake.
2. Heart-Shaped Lawn via Oh Happy Day
Aisle runners are so expected. Surprise your guests with a trail of flour hearts. The lawn won’t be bothered one bit!
3. Wooden Ring Bearer Box via The Knotty Bride
Don’t risk losing sight of your precious jewels. Construct a simple box like this one, complete with his and her compartments, for your ring bearer to carry.
4. Feather-Topped Cocktail Stirrers via 100 Layer Cake
We’ve all heard of custom cocktails, but what about custom cocktail stirrers? We think they’re awfully glam!
5. Paper Flower Backdrop via Ruffled
So many photographs are going to be taken of your cake, why not ensure the snapshots turn out fabulously? This backdrop adds an effortless wow factor.
6. Confetti Heart via Dear Lizzy
So cute. So cute. So cute.
7. Fringed Party Noisemakers via The Knotty Bride
We’re thinking you might want to wait until the end of the reception to hand these out…Just in time for your friends to send you off on your honeymoon!
8. Maypole Cake Topper via Belle Amour
We love that this cake topper allows you to coordinate the ribbon colors directly with your wedding palette!
9. Love Note Plant Pots via The Budget Savvy Bride
Send guests away with love-affirming thoughts and a beautiful bloom. They’ll look at the plant with fond memories of your big day.
10. Vintage Escort Card Fridge Magnets via Intimate Weddings
Finally, an escort card that won’t be tossed in the trash post-wedding!
Interested to see what our favorite DIY wedding projects of last year were? Click here!
By: Kelly Hamilton