Offbeat Wedding Gifts: When it’s Truly the Thought that Counts
Almost every bride and groom you’ve known has probably made a wedding registry. They signed up for a throw pillow at Pottery Barn, a toaster at Target, a set of china at Bloomingdales…You get the point- the list goes on and on. Of course registries were created for a reason. The bride and groom don’t want a bunch of repeat presents or a heap of knick-knacks that say “YOU’RE MARRIED”. Nevertheless, if you’re very close with the couple, you may be tempted to go a step beyond the registry safe-route, and there’s nothing wrong with that. With so many options though, gift hunting can be a drag, no matter how much you love the recipient. We did some searching and found a sweet selection of meaningful, offbeat gifts. Gifted on their own or in combination with that cookie jar the newlyweds really wanted from Pier One, these little tokens of love will put a smile on their faces.
1. Personalized Bridal Walnut Hanger: Personalized Hangers for Brides and Bridesmaids: Etsy: $26.00
Every bride needs somewhere to store her dress after the big day. You can’t go wrong with this classic, personalized hanger.
2. Map Necklace: Pale Fish NY: Etsy: $38.00
Know where the couple met? Buy them a personalized necklace to commemorate it!
3. Personalized Love Birds Primitive Pillow; Large: Clover Lane Boutique: Etsy: $32.95
Comfortable AND cute. Enough said.
4. Custom Made Photo Book; 11×11: Art by Chapin: Etsy: $165.00
Believe us, the bride and groom will want nothing but the best for their wedding pictures.
5. Custom Wood Handle Address Stamp; Organic Round: Note Trunk: Etsy: 21.95
This adorable stamp will add a splash of style and save the couple a lot of time when they’re writing their thank you notes.
6. Birch Tree Forest Love Birds Carved Initials; 8×10 Print: Kari Machal Designs: Etsy: $16.00
Everyone loves a little wall art. Give them art with a meaning.
By: Kelly Hamilton