With Halloween just around the corner, we here at Saphire Event Group thought it might be fun to brew up some Hallowedding ideas. No, we aren’t suggesting you dress up as a corpse bride, have all your guests arrive in costume, and organize a choreographed Thriller dance for the reception. What we ARE suggesting is that with a bit of imagination and a touch of ghoulish glamour, a Halloween themed wedding can be stylish and cohesive without being the least bit kitschy.
1. Get your guests in the mood for a bit of nighttime fun. These invitations, sold on minted.com, will present the invited with an aura of romantic mystique.
2. Stray from the typical. Instead of settling for an expected orange color palette, try a bouquet of crimson roses and black calla lilies bound with a black satin ribbon.
3. Put your bridesmaids in a sleek, simple black dress to compliment the wedding party’s bouquets. This dress, from After Six by Dessy Group, is only 190.00, bound to flatter most body types, and won’t need to be hidden away after the big day.
4. Leave the pumpkin carving stations and hay bales for the kids looking to decorate their Halloween parties. Opt instead for lush crimson center pieces, dreamy uplighting, black accent pieces, and soft candlelight.
5. Skull cake toppers and pumpkin cakes are so overdone. Go for a unique cake like this that exudes dark, sexy drama and (looks a bit like a tasty spider web!).
By: Kelly Hamilton